I'd Like to Thank Moms Everywhere...
A pretty neat surprise was waiting for me on Tuesday when I opened my Twitter feed...I'd been nominated for an award. A friend of mine, whom I met in an online writer's class this past fall, nominated me for this award. Sadie McCurry's blog, When Mom Grows Up, was awarded this fun badge of honor last week!
Sadie's blog is full of down-to-earth advice for Moms all over the globe. Some of my favorite articles of hers include: I Want Bad Things to Happen to my Kids, Overthinking It, and Giving Our Kids Our All. She has other terrific articles, like her Rocker Mama series and her Bucket (and Reverse Bucket) Lists. I encourage you to check out her blog when you have time ... or even if you don't have time. It's worth it!
This award is called the Liebster Award -- and it's a way for up-and-coming bloggers to connect, share and learn more about each other. Thank you Sadie, for nominating me for this award!! In order to accept the award, you have to follow these steps:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog.
4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3,000 followers. Create a new list of 11 questions for them.
5. Inform them of their nomination.
Here are the answers to the questions Sadie asked:
1. What is your favorite adult beverage? I call it Love Potion. I first tasted this drink at The Melting Pot and they call it the Love Martini. It's Malibu Rum, Peach Schnapps, Cranberry Juice and a slice of strawberry. My runner-up would have to be Malibu and Coke.
2. What is one thing you would like to study/learn that you haven’t done yet? I would love to learn another language or a musical instrument.
3. Where would you like to visit and who would you take with you? I would love to go to Ireland, Italy and Australia. I would take my children - I love to view new places and things through their eyes, it makes the experience so much more fun and exciting.
4. What is your favorite book? Wings of a Dove by Elaine Barbeiri.
5. How did you get into blogging? When my huband and I first learned I was pregnant, I started a blog from our son's point of view. Each week I posted interesting facts about his development and any news we had from the doctor from the monthly, then weekly, appointments. I continued the blog into his toddler years and created a new one for my daughter when I found out I was pregnant with her.
6. What social issue is most important to you? I have several that are very near and dear to my heart, but one that stands out the most right now is Supporting our Military. And not just the soldiers but their spouses and children, as well. I spent four years in the Air Force and my brother is currently serving in the Army. Many of my uncles served in the military. I think it is of utmost importance to support these brave men, women and children. They sacrifice much so we have the freedom to do as we please. It's something I fear many citizens take for granted - and it's one thing that shouldn't ever be taken for granted.
7. What did you want to do with your life when you were 16? I wanted to be a marine biologist, an astronaut and a lawyer. Instead, at 17 when I graduated from high school, I joined the Air Force. Now I'm a writer and a stay-at-home-mom.
8. What is one talent you have that would surprise your friends and family? I thought about this forever and I can't think of a single talent I have that would surprise anyone - I'm kind of an open book.
9. Do you speak any other languages than English? If so, which one(s)? Sadly, no. I took Latin and Spanish in school, but I never pursued either.
10. What are you afraid of and why? I am afraid of falling and snakes. I have no clue as to why on either of them. Strictly irrational fears.
11. Boxers or briefs? Definitely boxers!!
And now...drum roll please!! Here are my Liebster nominees:
1. Brea Brown at The Reluctant Blogger
2. Madeleine Mitchell at cleverboots
3. Sue Ward at Read Along With Sue
4. Jeannine Bergers Everett at Mobyjoe Café
5. Jennica Anderson at Faith Filled Home
And here are your questions:
1. What was the main reason you created your blog?
2. What is your favorite color and why?
3. Are you an only child? If not, how many siblings do you have and where do you fall in line?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
5. Beach, Mountains, Plains? Why?
6. Do you prefer Winter or Summer?
7. What is your favorite beverage ... adult and first thing in the morning?
8. Are you an early riser or a night owl?
9. A tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it. Describe the sound it makes.
10. What is your favorite sea creature?
11. Are you a cat, dog, fish or bird person?
Happy blogging everyone! xoxo